Registration for 2023-2024 Windthorst ISD Pre-K and Kindergarten
On Thursday, March 30, 2023, from 8:30-3:00, Windthorst Elementary School will have Kindergarten registration for children 5 years of age on or before September 1, 2023. To make an appointment, please call Diane Herndon at 940-423-6679. Please bring copies of your child’s birth certificate, Social Security card, and immunization record to registration. The Kindergarten teachers will give your child a short pre-screening assessment. You will be sent the results of the screening when it has been evaluated. Transfer students who have a screening interview do not have a guaranteed spot in our kindergarten class. We will contact
you as soon as we know the amount of availability of open class spots.
Parents may apply for entrance into the Pre-K program at the Windthorst Elementary office
Wednesday, March 29, 2023, from 8:30-3:00. To qualify for the Pre-K program, your child must
meet the age requirement (3 or 4 years of age on or before September 1, 2023), have a short
pre-screening assessment, and either be:
1. Limited English Proficient (LEP)
2. Homeless-temporarily living with another family or have inadequate housing
3. Child of a parent who is full-time military or reserve called for active duty; or child of a member of the armed forces who was injured or killed while serving on active duty
4. Qualify for free or reduced meals based on household income and number of persons in the household
5. Qualify for Special Education services
6. Have ever been in the conservatorship of the Texas DFPS (foster care) following an adversary hearing OR
7. Is the child of a person that received the Star of Texas Award
First available spots in Pre-K will go to children who are eligible with the qualification criteria. Next available spots will go to 4 year olds, one year out from kindergarten. Non qualifying students will pay a tuition of $200.00 a month from August – May. Having a screening interview does not guarantee a spot in our Pre-K program. We will contact you as soon as we know class availability.
To make an appointment for your child, please call Diane Herndon at 940-423-6679.
If you have any questions about qualifications for Pre-K and Kindergarten or to make an appointment to register your child, please call Diane Herndon at 940-423-6679. We look forward to meeting with our new students.
Please bring copies of your child’s birth certificate, Social Security card, and immunization record.