Registration for 2021-2022 Windthorst ISD Pre-K and Kindergarten:
On Friday, April 30, 2021, from 8:00-3:00, Windthorst Elementary School will have Kindergarten registration for children 5 years of age by September 1, 2021.
Please bring copies of your child’s birth certificate, Social Security card, and immunization record. The Kindergarten teachers will give your child a short pre-screening assessment. You will be sent the results of the screening when it has been evaluated.
Transfer students who have a screening interview do not have guaranteed enrollment. We will contact you as soon as possible, when we know the amount of additional availability in our kindergarten class.
Parents may apply for entrance into the Pre-K program at the Windthorst Elementary office Monday and Tuesday, May 3rd and 4th, 2021, from 8:00-3:00.
To qualify for the Pre-K program, your child must meet the age requirement (3 or 4 years of age by September 1, 2021), have a short pre-screening assessment, and either be:
- Limited English Proficient (LEP)
- Homeless-temporarily living with another family or have inadequate housing.
- Child of a parent who is full-time military or reserve called for active duty; or child of a member of the armed forces who was injured or killed while serving on active duty.
- Qualify for free or reduced meals based on household income and number of persons in the household.
- Qualify for Special Education services.
- Have ever been in the conservatorship of the Texas DFPS (foster care) following an adversary hearing OR Is the child of a person that received the Star of Texas Award.
First available spots in Pre-K will go to the children who qualify, who live in the district. Next available openings will go to 4 year olds, one year out from kindergarten, who live in district. 3 year olds and Transfers will fill the remaining spots. Non qualifying students will pay a tuition of $200 a month from August – May ($2,000 for the entire school year)
Having a screening interview does not guarantee enrollment in our Pre-K program. We will contact you as soon as we know the amount of additional availability in our Pre-K classes.
If you have any questions about qualifications for Pre-K and Kindergarten or to make an appointment to register your child, please call Diane Herndon at 423-6679. We look forward to meeting with our new students.
***Please bring copies of your child’s birth certificate, Social Security card, and immunization record.***